As we seek to provide a welcoming environment for all members of the campus community and guests, we have provided some "Lactation Friendly" locations across campus.
Each of the lactation rooms provides private space where lactating mothers are welcome to pump or nurse. Most of these spaces are equipped with a comfortable chair, a small table and an electrical outlet. Some rooms have lockers if you care to store your pump on-site.
Each lactation room is operated by the building manager of the specific building. We do our best to keep this information up-to-date, but occasionally information changes without our knowledge. Please contact us with any updates at email@example.com.
Please click on the building below for more information on the lactation space in that building.
If you know of a building with a lactation room but is not on this list, please email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 333 East Campus Mall, University Health Services
- Bardeen Medical Laboratories, 1215 Linden Drive
- Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive
- Chemistry Building, 1101 University Ave
- Education Building, 1000 Bascom Mall
- Grainger Hall, 975 University Ave
- Law School, 975 Bascom Mall
- Luther Memorial Church/Preschool, 1021 University Ave
- Mechanical Engineering, 1513 Engineering Drive
- Microbial Science Building, 1550 Linden Drive
- Teacher Education, 225 North Mills Street
- Pyle Center, 702 Langdon Street
- Sewell Social Sciences, 1180 Observatory Drive
- Union South, 1308 West Dayton St, for room information, please call 890-3000
- Van Hise Hall, 220 Linden Drive
- Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research, 1111 Highland Avenue
For information regarding breastfeeding, please view the following documents:
For books and internet sites: Breastfeeding Resources
Madison Area Resources for Breastfeeding (Public Health of Madison and Dane County)
Pumping friendly sites in the Madison area (Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central WI)